Sunday, February 12, 2012

First Signing

I have my first signing next Saturday at Collins Booksellers Edwardstown (from 1pm if you're free/able/inclined to come along). I'm really excited about it, not to mention a tad nervous. I've already decided that I'm not going to just sit at a desk with a bunch of books in front of me, looking like a gumby. Instead I'm going to try and talk to as many people as I can, and see how many I can convince of the pure genius and originality and spectacular enjoyment experience my book can provide (or something like that). I'm sure it will be a fun afternoon.



It's kind of developed into an unofficial launch of the book. I know a few friends are planning on heading down there and have been holding off buying the book until then. And the wonderful people at the bookshop (hats off to Tarran)have been promoting the event really hard, which has been a tremendous encouragement.

Depending on how this one goes, I have a bunch of other bookshops on my radar for future events. I might even find myself venturing further afield later in the year, perhaps even to somewhere strange and exotic -- like Melbourne. We shall have to see.

I'll post an update on how the day goes. Maybe even some photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment