Monday, March 2, 2009

Well That Was Quick

Well, I can now say I officially have my first rejection letter (email), and it only took five hours!

The reason given was 'we don't feel that this project is suitable for our Australian children's publishing program'. That's interesting - in the back of my mind I wondered whether I might hit an obstacle trying to publish a non-Australian-themed book to an Australian publisher. I was thinking because Ranger's Apprentice (also published by Random House) is non-Australian I might be in with a chance, but I think it could be better to describe RA as 'neutral' whereas Ghost could be described as Asian in feel. That's my best guess anyway.

Well - I can honestly say I'm not terribly bothered, and I feel glad that I've put out my first feeler and had a reply - that's so much better than standing still. I just hope I'm not going to hit this hurdle with every Australian publisher - The Ghost of Panganyanyatta just doesn't have the same ring to it...

No comments:

Post a Comment