Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Small Mercies

I have to declare myself thankful that David Cornish doesn't *appear* to own either a cat or a ferret - and if he does, I don't want to know.

Today I've had a lovely time reading through a host of new blogs by various authors, agents and publishers. I couldn't help noticing, however, that without exception all of them have at least one cat or ferret making regular appearances - either in the context of said cat/ferret lying all over the blogger's lap or tearing apart some item of furniture or rare native wildlife - or in an 'oh isn't this cute' photo form.

Aspiring to become an author myself, I was beginning to suspect that I wouldn't make it until I also purchased such an animal and began to include it in blog posts. That I just couldn't face.

But thankfully, as I mentioned, David appears to be ferret and feline free - and is still a successful author, so I can breathe a deep, deep sigh of allergy free relief.

I might just make it after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment