Thursday, October 7, 2010

I Have Not Actually Fallen Off the Face of the Earth

Instead, I've been frantic with all sorts of other things, so the blog has taken a bit of a back-seat while I try and catch hold of my own tail. I also haven't had much to write about, other than the usual reports about book 2 turning into a slog, and the latest in my outline vs no-outline tug-of-war (currently outline is winning).

But! I have something to write about at last. It's been 10 months since I got the phone call from the publisher about the Ghost of Ping-Ling, and 5 months since I signed the contract. Since then, things have been awfully quiet, and even though I knew that would be the case, I did get the occasional worry that perhaps I'd dreamed the whole thing. But today the editor got in touch, and it looks like the editing process is set to start sometime around the end of November, with a tentative publication date in August next year, much earlier than I had expected. We also talked about possible artists for the cover design, though that's all in the earliest of stages.

So, things are slowly starting to move along. I suspect that when the editing gets started, I'll have even less time to blog, but I'll make every effort to pop in now and again and report how things are going.

No comments:

Post a Comment