Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Nose to the Grindstone

This weekend my wife and sons are heading off for a week's holiday with the in-laws, sans me as we decided it was better for me to save some leave for the end of the year. This means that, in between eating pizza and throwing my dirty underwear all over the floor, I'll be aiming to get some serious word-count happening on the latest draft of Tales of the Blue Jade book 3.

I've set myself a target of 20,000 words, a quarter of the book. It seems a heck of a lot, but I've broken it down to around 3000 words on each of the weekend days I have and 2000 words on the weeknights. That should be pretty achievable, particularly as I'll be able to get straight into it as soon as I've dumped the empty pizza boxes in the recycling. I'll miss the family dreadfully, but at least I can set myself a positive goal for the time. I'll even air my progress here on the blog as an extra encouragement to get it done.  

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! Hope you manage to write up a storm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou! 10,000 words down, 10,000 words to go. Not quite a storm yet, but definitely a strong wind :-)

    ReplyDelete