Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Technological Foibles

I learned last night that Google Reader feeds are cached and can't be flushed, at least not easily. So if you write something in Blogger, then delete it, it still remains in the feed.

This means anyone lucky enough to be using Reader will be treated to two versions of On Borrowed Time, my early pre-edit draft, complete with typos and dodgy html tags, plus the newer, more polished version. As an extra bonus, I've thrown in a test post for free, something I was using while trying to debug what was going on.

All I can say is, this kind of thing never used to happen in the days of typewriters and stamps.

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing how many web services are out there waiting to archive our mistakes. ;) I've found some really old and ugly versions of my websites on the Wayback Machine (something to Google if you're bored).

    ReplyDelete