Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I Can't Believe, After All This Time We're Through..

At least for now.

Tomorrow morning I'll be printing out the latest draft of GPL and trotting over to my second home - the office of Australia Post. It's been a huge slog, but I'm glad I managed to get it done within two months of the publisher asking for the edits.

It wasn't just fixing up the story. It was drawing two maps, writing the synopses (albeit brief) of four more books, completing the first draft of Weight of Souls, writing the synopsis of that one too, and eating. I did remember that last bit. Somebody told me that would be important.

So here I am again, in my waiting mode. I have all sorts of goals for what I'd like to do over the next few months, but I think I'll just sit back and enjoy my beautiful and soon-to-be expanding family. And I might try and fit in some blog posts too.

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy it! You've worked hard and deserve to bask a little in the accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jonathan!

    I've just come back from posting it now. I went through my usual routine of checking fifty times that I'd included everything, that the address was correct, that the envelope was sealed etc. etc. Talk about obsessive....

    Now I have that same feeling I used to get after exam period ended. I can do all these other things and not feel guilty :-)

    Hopefully, not quite so long to wait this time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew! No wonder we haven't heard from you in a bit! Nicely done . . . You could start running Weight of Souls through OWW, hint, hint, hint . . . ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Teresa,

    I've been looking at the WOS draft 0 on my shelf and wondering about that. I'd really like to polish it up and get back to OWW again - it feels like way too long since I've been there. But I'm not sure if I should do that or start book 2 of the GPL series. But then I don't know if I'd be wasting time writing book 2 in a series that might never sell. Dilemmas!

    Either way, I'll have a bit on my hands over the next few weeks, so not much time for writing.

    I will be back on OWW sometime soon. I can see you have a few chapters of Autumn Tale that I hope to get to look at :-)

    P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, good luck with the new draft, Peter! My agent is still shopping around Demon's Bane for German translation, so I expect I might be in a similar situation eventually. Well, I hope so!

    Let us know how it turns out... and have fun with the new addition to the family, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete