Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Man of Leisure

Sort of.

On Monday I emailed off (yes, emailed off! That old print and post-office thing is so last year) the manuscript for book 3 of Tales of the Blue Jade. Now I have the nervous wait to hear what the publisher and editor think of it.

As for me, I'd have to say I'm pretty happy with the result. As with everything I write it didn't turn out the same as the original outline but I like the way new plot twists and situations showed up while I was writing. Creating a story can often be as much of a discovery as reading one. I just hope the powers-that-be like it too.

So last night I watched the tennis. I actually sat on the couch and watched the tennis, and drank wine, and I didn't feel the slightest shred of guilt. Having said that, I did get the laptop out and look through my list of unfinished short-stories to see if there's anything I'd like to work on over the next few weeks. There's a couple of possibilities. It's always bitter sweet when you're enjoying something you wrote so long ago you hardly remember it but it ends half way through. Why didn't I just finish it at the time! I can be so frustrating sometimes.

And I've started a new book. Nothing at all like Blue Jade. I wanted to finish The Weight of Souls seeing as I have a first draft already but I've had another idea rattling around my head for the past few months and I've decided to take a punt and do that first. At least there are no deadlines, so I can hammer a way at is I'm able. My aim is to have it ready for submission by the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment