Thursday, September 8, 2011

Uba Uba Uber Alles

This came in the post yesterday.



It's a thing of a thousand names -- arc, proof, galley, uba (that last one was a new one to me) but basically it's the book in a pretty well complete form minus the cover. After so many exciting and new experiences with covers, pages and so on it was yet another one to hold the book in my hand and start to read.

And look how thick it is!



Somehow I'd imagined an 80,000 word book being about as thick as a Discworld paperback, so this is a bit of a surprise. Did I really write all that??

Starting to feel more real all the time....

(By the way, I'm hoping to be able to write some more substantial blog posts in the next little while. Time has been at a bit of a premium over the last few months but hopefully things will start to settle down soon. Hopefully.)

No comments:

Post a Comment