Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Who'd Have Thunk It?

It seems the Hobbit Query Letter has been nominated in the Fantasy Short Story section of the Aurealis Awards. You can find the full list here.

It's a very long list, and being nominated just means someone, somewhere has put it forward as an off-chance. But it still give me goosebumps, seeing it alongside works by some of my all time favourite authors. For me, just being nominated is a huge, huge honour.

There's also a couple of reviews about the place. Here's one from Diabolical Plots (in which, I'm glad to report, the reviewer 'gets' that it's supposed to be an encouragement to writers), and here's another, much briefer, reference in SFCrowsnest.

2 comments:

  1. I just saw this post. Congratulations! Long list or not, it is great that your story was nominated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Liz, I'm still really blown away by it. Not sure whether these awards have any overseas coverage, but here they're a huge thing in the fantasy community. If I'm like this just for being nominated, I'd hate to think how I'd be if it were actually short-listed :-)

    ReplyDelete