Friday, September 11, 2009

Letters and Emails

I received an email from Nathan Bransford this morning (he says, casually). Apparently, the General Manager of a big literary agency here in Australia has asked permission to read the hobbit query letter in her presentation at an upcoming writer's conference in New Zealand.

My response was one of the following, see if you can guess which:

A) No. I like to keep these things private, go away and never speak to me again.

B) Who cares? Let 'em read whatever they like.

C) Absolutely, positively yes, and would you mind telling them I'm about to start submitting queries for my manuscript to agents here in Australia?

I'm not normally someone who pushes themselves forward, but I'm fast learning to make the most of every wonderful opportunity. Even if it only gives my query letter an extra ten seconds reading time, it's worth it!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations again, Peter, this is a wonderful opportunity. Good luck to you and I hope you'll remember the little people who were around before you became rich and famous! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try, Teresa ;-)

    I'm not sure anything will come of it, but it's always worth a try.

    Maybe Peter Jackson will be in the audience, looking for someone to write the novel for his upcoming Hobbit movie, and he might ...... oh, hang it, somebody already did that....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dream, dream, dream big! There's no hurt in that. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic!!! That is incredibly cool... :)))

    ReplyDelete