I wrote a little while ago about the short story bug I'd picked up, and how I had a couple of stories get through to the shortlist for Andromeda Spaceways Inflight Magazine. The first one, The Office of Fantastical Creatures and Dubious Legends, got knocked back, but I found out tonight that the second one, Zombie Dreams, has been accepted for #52, due out Aug 11.
I'm quite shocked, and absolutely stoked! It was great just to get something through to the short-list, but to get it accepted is enormously encouraging and extremely humbling at the same time, particularly when I look at the quality of stuff that gets in there.
*Deep breath*
Back to the real world -- I need to sign off and get into MMA. It's been a bit of a slog lately, perhaps the dreaded 2nd Book Syndrome is striking? Or maybe I still can't quite shake that short story bug....
Congratulations on Zombie Dreams!
ReplyDeletethankyou Jeffrey!
ReplyDeleteHi Pete, you never mentioned it, so Congrats on Zombie Dreams, with all this reading and writing when are you ever going to get time for a weekend away camping?
ReplyDeleteRobert Telfer